Welcome to the San Francisco Police Department Online Police Report System
- Harassing Phone Calls: When you are experiencing annoying calls - with no known suspects; for example, hang-ups or heavy breathing.
- Lost Property: When property has disappeared and not stolen. If you think it could have been taken but you have no idea by who, you may enter the report online.
- Theft: When property is stolen but there has been no illegal entry or contact by the thief.
- Vandalism/Graffiti: The act of changing, modifying or defacing public or private property, including graffiti.
- Vehicle Burglary: When property was stolen from a vehicle.
- Vehicle Tampering: Tampering with a motor vehicle, including vandalism/graffiti of the vehicle.
File a San Francisco Police Department Online Police Report
If this is an emergency, dial 911
With this system you will be able file an online police report without waiting and print a copy of the report for free. Only information with the red asterisk * are mandatory. If you have an email address please enter it so you can get the status of your report (email addresses are not used for any other purpose).
You can make a police report either in person or by calling the non-emergency line (415-553-0123) to have an officer respond to you. You are now able to make some reports via the internet of crimes that occurred anywhere in the City and County of San Francisco.
If a crime is posing an immediate threat to you or others, call 911 immediately.
1. Is the incident in progress? Call 911 immediately.
2. Has the incident just occurred and you know where this suspect is? Call 911 immediately.
3. Does the suspect have a felony warrant and you know where the suspect is? Call 911 immediately.
4. You can not report the following lost or stolen online: Passports, Consular ID cards, Social Security cards, firearms, license plates or motor vehicles. Call 311 for information on having an Officer make a report.
5. Do you know WHO the suspect is or have a description of the suspect? You cannot file your report online. Call 311 for information on having an officer make a report.
6. Does your report involve a crime that occurred in an area not within the City and County of San Francisco's jurisdiction? You cannot file a report online. Contact the appropriate agency directly.
7. If you have an email address and your report is one of the types listed below you may make an online report
8. If you do not have an email address you may call the 3-1-1 (outside of San Francisco 415-701-2311) center and have an online report made for you. Staff can assist you in over 175+ languages.
9. You may now also file a Supplemental report online to report additional property losses or to add information about property previously reported lost or stolen, in the following cases: (or you can download a form to mail)
- A previously submitted SFPD online report, and you now have additional details of property taken in a theft, such as serial numbers
- An SFPD report made by an officer regarding a burglary to your home, work, or other building, and you want to add property or property details not listed in the original report.
- An SFPD report made by an officer regarding a theft from your vehicle, and you want to add property or property details not listed in the original report.
- Do not make a supplemental report online if you have information about the suspect in your case or about additional evidence in your case. Call the Station Investigative Team as indicated by your report.
10. When you have finished entering your report, a temporary report will be emailed to you. It is not official until it is approved.
11. Once your report is approved, a copy of the official police report with an SFPD number will be emailed to you.