Resolution No. 11-11
January 31, 2011
At the meeting of the Police Commission on Wednesday, January 26, 2011, the following resolution was adopted:
RESOLUTION NO. 11-11
ADOPTION OF PROPOSED OBJECTIVES AND CRITERIA FOR SETTING PRIORITIES AND LIST OF COMMISSION PRIORITIES AND APPROVAL TO POST ON THE COMMISSION WEBPAGE
RESOLVED, that the Commission hereby adopts the following Objectives and Criteria for Setting Priorities and list of Commission priorities:
OBJECTIVES (Not in order of any priority):
1. To schedule, hear and decide discipline cases with maximum efficiency and fairness.
2. To systematically review the primary areas of the Police Department, including Department General Orders, to make sure they are running well and in compliance with current law and best practices for training.
3. To address the particular needs of special populations that may have challenges impacting public safety due to culture or language differences, disability or age to insure accessibility to and protection of the police system.
4. To support the Chief of Police and the Director of Office of Citizen Complaints.
5. To foster confidence, trust and respect in the Police Department, peace officers, the Office of Citizen Complaints, and the Police Commission.
CRITERIA FOR SETTING PRIORITIES (Not in order of any priority):
1. Does the matter address one or more commission objectives, stated above?
2. How urgent is the matter?
3. How long is the commission meeting agenda proposed for discussion of the matter and how long would the matter require for presentation, discussion, and/or action?
4. How long ago was the matter planned for presentation, discussion and/or action?
5. How high a priority is the matter for the San Francisco Public, Chief of Police, or Director of Office of Citizen Complaints?
6. To what degree does the matter impact public safety?
SUMMARY OF PRIORITIES:
TOP TIER “RED”:
Mental Health Issues
Patrol Special Officers
Undocumented Crime Victims
SECOND TIER “BLUE”:
DNA & Sexual Assault Cases
Breach of Confidentiality
Chief of Police & OCC Director Reviews
Surveillance, Racial Profiling
DGO on Shooting Moving Vehicles
FURTHER RESOLVED, that the priorities will be discussed when the full Commission is present; and
FURTHER RESOLVED, that this resolution be posted on the Police Commission webpage.
PRESENT: Commissioners Mazzucco, Marshall, Chan, Kingsley, Hammer
ABSENT: Commissioners DeJesus, Slaughter
Very truly yours,
Lieutenant Timothy Falvey
San Francisco Police Commission