Police Commission - May 10, 2017 - Agenda
Pledge of Allegiance; Roll Call
1. Reports to the Commission (DISCUSSION)
a. Chief’s Report
- Report on recent Police Department activities, including major events, weekly crime trends, and announcements
- Update from the Professional Standards Bureau in regards to the Collaborative Review status and implementation of high priority recommendations
- Presentation of the Early Intervention System “EIS” 4th Quarter 2016 Report
b. DPA Director’ Report
- Report on recent DPA activities, and announcements
c. Commission Reports
- Commission President’s Report
- Commissioners’ Reports
- Commissioners’ update regarding Community Policing Task Force
d. Commission announcements and scheduling of items identified for consideration at future Commission meetings (ACTION)
2. General Public Comment
(The public is now welcome to address the Commission regarding items that do not appear on tonight’s agenda but that are within the subject matter jurisdiction of the Commission. Speakers shall address their remarks to the Commission as a whole and not to individual Commissioners or Department or DPA personnel. Under Police Commission Rules of Order, during public comment, neither Police or DPA personnel, nor Commissioners are required to respond to questions presented by the public but, may provide a brief response. Individual Commissioners and Police and DPA personnel should refrain, however, from entering into any debates or discussion with speakers during public comment.)
3. Public comment on all matters pertaining to Item 5 below, Closed Session, including public comment on vote whether to hold Item 5 in closed session.
4. Vote on whether to hold Item 5 in Closed Session (San Francisco Administrative Code Section 67.10) (ACTION)
5. Closed Session; Roll Call
a. PUBLIC EMPLOYEE APPOINTMENT: Interim Executive Director, Department of Police Accountability:
Pursuant to Government Code Section 54957(b)(1) and San Francisco Administrative Code Section 67.10(b), and its authority under Charter Section 4.136(b), the Commission will discuss and take possible action to appoint an Interim Executive Director, Department of Police Accountability, or take other action regarding selection and appointment of an Interim Executive Director. Appointment of an Interim Executive Director would be effective July 1, 2017. The Interim Executive Director will serve at the pleasure of the Police Commission until the Mayor appoints an Executive Director pursuant to the process in Charter Section 4.136(b). (DISCUSSION & POSSIBLE ACTION)
6. Vote to elect whether to disclose any or all discussion on Item 5 held in closed session (San Francisco Administrative Code Section 67.12(a)) (ACTION)
7. Adjournment (ACTION ITEM)
** SUPPORTING DOCUMENTATION FOR POLICE COMMISSION AGENDA ITEMS THAT ARE NOT CONFIDENTIAL AND DOCUMENTATION THAT HAVE BEEN DISTRIBUTED TO THE COMMISSION AFTER DISTRIBUTION OF THE AGENDA PACKETS ARE AVAILABLE FOR REVIEW AT THE POLICE COMMISSION OFFICE, POLICE HEADQUARTERS, 1245 THIRD STREET, 6TH FLOOR, SAN FRANCISCO, CA 94158, DURING NORMAL BUSINESS HOURS.
PLEASE NOTE: The Police Commission will hold a Special Meeting at a location other than City Hall.
- The Commission will meet in the Mission District at the James Lick Middle School, 1220 Noe Street, San Francisco, on Wednesday, May 17, 2017, at 6 p.m., to hear comments from the public and Mission Station Captain William Griffin concerning public protection issues in the Mission District.