Police Commission - July 12, 2017 - Agenda
Pledge of Allegiance; Roll Call
1. Adoption of Minutes (ACTION)
- For the meeting of July 5, 2017
2. Consent Calendar (RECEIVE & FILE; ACTION)
- Police Commission Report of Disciplinary Actions, 2nd Quarter 2017
3. Reports to the Commission (DISCUSSION)
a. Chief’s Report
- Report on recent Police Department activities, including major events, weekly crime trends, and announcements
- Presentation of the 1st Quarter 2017 Early Intervention System Report
- Presentation of the Department’s Semiannual Report regarding Collection and Analysis of Sexual Assault Kit Evidence & Reporting of Results to Sexual Assault Victims, per Police Commission Resolution 16-28, adopted April 20, 2016
b. DPA Director’ Report
- Report on recent DPA activities, and announcements
c. Commission Reports
- Commission President’s Report
- Commissioners’ Reports
d. Commission announcements and scheduling of items identified for consideration at future Commission meetings (ACTION)
4. Discussion and possible action to appoint Cody Clements as Assistant Patrol Special Officer to Patrol Special Officer John Fitzinger, Star No. 2655 (ACTION)
5. Hearing on disciplinary charges filed against Assistant Patrol Special Jon Adamson, Star No. 2536, Case Nos. ALW IAD 2016-0193 & 2016-0278, decide penalty, or take other action, if necessary (ACTION)
6. General Public Comment
(The public is now welcome to address the Commission regarding items that do not appear on tonight’s agenda but that are within the subject matter jurisdiction of the Commission. Speakers shall address their remarks to the Commission as a whole and not to individual Commissioners or Department or DPA personnel. Under Police Commission Rules of Order, during public comment, neither Police or DPA personnel, nor Commissioners are required to respond to questions presented by the public but, may provide a brief response. Individual Commissioners and Police and DPA personnel should refrain, however, from entering into any debates or discussion with speakers during public comment.)
7. Public comment on all matters pertaining to Item 9 below, Closed Session, including public comment on vote whether to hold Item 9 in closed session.
8. Vote on whether to hold Item 9 in Closed Session (San Francisco Administrative Code Section 67.10) (ACTION)
9. Closed Session; Roll Call
a. PERSONNEL EXCEPTION: Pursuant to Government Code Section 54957(b)(1) and San Francisco Administrative Code Section 67.10(b) and Penal Code Section 832.7:
Discussion and possible action to accept or reject settlement agreement filed in Case No. OCC 0472-15, or take other action (ACTION)
b. PERSONNEL EXCEPTION: Pursuant to Government Code Section 54957(b)(1) and San Francisco Administrative Code Section 67.10(b) and Penal Code Section 832.7:
Status and calendaring of pending disciplinary cases (ACTION)
10. Vote to elect whether to disclose any or all discussion on Item 8 held in closed session (San Francisco Administrative Code Section 67.12(a)) (ACTION)
11. Adjournment (ACTION ITEM)
** SUPPORTING DOCUMENTATION FOR POLICE COMMISSION AGENDA ITEMS THAT ARE NOT CONFIDENTIAL AND DOCUMENTATION THAT HAVE BEEN DISTRIBUTED TO THE COMMISSION AFTER DISTRIBUTION OF THE AGENDA PACKETS ARE AVAILABLE FOR REVIEW AT THE POLICE COMMISSION OFFICE, POLICE HEADQUARTERS, 1245 THIRD STREET, 6TH FLOOR, SAN FRANCISCO, CA 94158, DURING NORMAL BUSINESS HOURS.
PLEASE NOTE: The Police Commission will hold a Special Meeting at a location other than City Hall.
- The Commission will meet in the Northern District at the Korean American Community Center, 745 Buchanan Street, San Francisco, on Wednesday, July 19, 2017, at 6 p.m., to hear comments from the public and Northern Station Captain John Jaimerena concerning public protection issues in the Northern District.