Police Commission - April 11, 2018 - Agenda
Pledge of Allegiance; Roll Call
1. Reports to the Commission (DISCUSSION)
a. Chief’s Report
- Report on recent Police Department activities, including major events, weekly crime trends, including staffing (current staffing levels, and overtime) and announcements
- Presentation of 4th Quarter 2017 and 1st Quarter 2018 FDRB Findings & Recommendations & OIS Summaries
b. DPA Director’s Report
- Report on recent DPA activities, and announcements
c. Commission Reports
- Commission President’s Report
- Commissioners’ Reports
d. Commission announcements and scheduling of items identified for consideration at future Commission meetings (ACTION)
2. Discussion and possible action to approve issuance of Department Bulletin 18-035, per DGO 3.01, modifying Department General Order 3.08, “Court Appearances by Members” (ACTION)
3. Discussion and possible action to approve draft revised Department General Order 2.04, “Complaints against Officers,” and draft Memorandum of Understanding Between the Department of Police Accountability and the San Francisco Police Department for purposes of engaging in the meet-and-confer process with the Police Officers Association (DISCUSSION & POSSIBLE ACTION)
4. Discussion and possible action to appoint Assistant Patrol Special Cody Clements #2511 to a Patrol Special Officer, or take other action, if necessary (ACTION).
5. Discussion and possible action to approve Sale of Patrol Special Beat #69 from Marina Fitzinger to Patrol Special Officer Cody Clements #2511, or take other action, if necessary. (ACTION)
4. General Public Comment
(The public is now welcome to address the Commission regarding items that do not appear on tonight’s agenda but that are within the subject matter jurisdiction of the Commission. Speakers shall address their remarks to the Commission as a whole and not to individual Commissioners or Department or DPA personnel. Under Police Commission Rules of Order, during public comment, neither Police or DPA personnel, nor Commissioners are required to respond to questions presented by the public but, may provide a brief response. Individual Commissioners and Police and DPA personnel should refrain, however, from entering into any debates or discussion with speakers during public comment.)
5. Public comment on all matters pertaining to Item 7 below, Closed Session, including public comment on vote whether to hold Item 7 in closed session.
6. Vote on whether to hold Item 7 in Closed Session (San Francisco Administrative Code Section 67.10) (ACTION)
7. Closed Session
a. PUBLIC EMPLOYEE PERFORMANCE EVALUATION: Chief of Police
Pursuant to Government Code Section 54957(b)(1) and San Francisco Administrative Code Section 67.10(b) and Penal Code Section 832.7:
Review of findings and Chief’s decision to return or not return officers to duty following an officer-involved shooting (OIS 18-003) (DISCUSSION)
b. PERSONNEL EXCEPTION: Pursuant to Government Code Section 54957(b)(1) and San Francisco Administrative Code Section 67.10(b) and Penal Code Section 832.7: Assignment of disciplinary charges filed in Case No. IAD 2017-0283 to an individual Commissioner for the taking of evidence on a date to be determined by the Commissioner (ACTION)
c. Pursuant to Government Code Section 54957(b)(1) and San Francisco Administrative Code Section 67.10(b) and Penal Code Section 832.7: (ACTION)
PERSONNEL EXCEPTION: Status and calendaring of pending disciplinary cases
8 Vote to elect whether to disclose any or all discussion on Item 7 held in closed session (San Francisco Administrative Code Section 67.12(a)) (ACTION)
9. Adjournment (ACTION ITEM)
** SUPPORTING DOCUMENTATION FOR POLICE COMMISSION AGENDA ITEMS THAT ARE NOT CONFIDENTIAL AND DOCUMENTATION THAT HAVE BEEN DISTRIBUTED TO THE COMMISSION AFTER DISTRIBUTION OF THE AGENDA PACKETS ARE AVAILABLE FOR REVIEW AT THE POLICE COMMISSION OFFICE, POLICE HEADQUARTERS, 1245 THIRD STREET, 6TH FLOOR, SAN FRANCISCO, CA 94158, DURING NORMAL BUSINESS HOURS.
**CORRESPONDENCE SENT TO THE POLICE COMMISSION WITHIN THE LAST 30 DAYS THAT MAY RELATE TO AN AGENDA ITEM CAN BE FOUND ON THE COMMISSION WEBPAGE AT HTTP://SANFRANCISCOPOLICE.ORG/30-DAY-CORRESPONDENCE-POLICE-COMMISSION. ADDITIONALLY, CORRESPONDENCE RECEIVED WITHIN THE LAST 30 DAYS IS AVAILABLE TO MEMBERS OF THE PUBLIC FOR INSPECTION AND COPYING AT THE POLICE COMMISSION OFFICE, POLICE HEADQUARTERS, 1245 THIRD STREET, 6TH FLOOR, SAN FRANCISCO, CA 94158, DURING NORMAL BUSINESS HOURS.