"The SFPD Challenge" Saturday, Dec 7th - Benefiting the Make-A-Wish Foundation
The SFPD Challenge--Cable Car Pull (Benefiting the Make-A-Wish Foundation) will take place at Aquatic Park on Saturday, December 7th, 2013! This year, Batkid (aka Miles Scott) will be joining us at Opening Ceremonies (Hyde/Jefferson), 10:00 am. Please invite friends and family to witness the SFPD's Finest ---running, plunging and pulling! The following is the list of events and times:
1. Event One: 5K Walk and Fun Run
Registration Begins at: 0730 hours (5K starts at 08:30 am)
Location: Aquatic Park @ Hyde and Jefferson (In front of Dolphin Club)--Participants will be escorted to start line
at Van Ness and North Point at bus turn-around.
2. Event Two: Plunge in the Bay (Aquatic Park)
Registration Begins at: 0930 hours (Plunge in the Bay at 10:30 am)
Location: Hyde and Jefferson (In front of Dolphin Club)--Participants will be marched down to the water's
edge by Drill Santa Ray to participate in the annual plunge.
3. Event Three: Cable Car Pull (Teams of 6 will compete for best time---Police/Corporate team)
Registration Begins at: 0930 hours (Cable Car Pull begins at 11:00 am)
Location: Hyde and Jefferson (In front of Dolphin Club)---Teams will be paired against another team to see who
can pull a cable car the fastest over a distance of 200 feet.
4. Event Four: Cops and Coffee at the Buena Vista Cafe, 2765 Hyde Street (Breakfast and Lunch service provided
by SFPD's Finest---Tip-A-Cop)Time: 09:00 am to 3:00 pm
- Opening Ceremonies with the presentation of Colors and singing of the National Anthem begins at 10:00 am
- Raffle tickets and money should be turned in by 9:30 am at registration table to be eligible for the top fundraising award (Station/Unit/Bureau).- Parking for event will be on Van Ness (North of Bus Turn Around at Van Ness/North Point)
- Batkid shirts and SFPD Hoodies will be available at event.