Second Quarter 2016 Early Intervention System (EIS) Panel Meeting
In compliance with Department General Order (DGO) 3.19, the San Francisco Police
Department will be holding the Fourth Quarter 2015 EIS Panel meeting which will take
place at the Public Safety Building, 1245 3rd Street, Room #1025, at 1100 hours
(11:00 am) on Wednesday, September 14, 2016.
The EIS panel is an advisory board that meets on a quarterly basis to review aggregate
EIS information. The panel’s primary functions, as specified in DGO 3.19, are as follows:
1. Review EIS data for identified patterns of successes or ineffectiveness resulting
from intervention efforts of supervisors and commanding officers.
2. Make recommendation(s) and/or suggestion(s) to the administrative staff
regarding the use of alternative intervention strategies that may be useful to
supervisors and commanding officers.
3. Review the total number of interventions for the quarter, the types of
interventions employed, and the effectiveness of those interventions.
4. Determine future direction, needs, and development for the EIS program,
including modifications to the EIS program.
5. Review new trends and thresholds as recommended by the EIS administrative
6. Review quarterly and annual reports prepared by the OIC of the EIS Unit.
7. Review and recommend changes of relevant policies to the Police
Per the Language Access Ordinance (Chapter 91 of the San Francisco Administrative Code), Chinese, Spanish and
or Filipino (Tagalog) interpreters will be available upon requests. Assistance in additional languages may be honored
whenever possible. To request assistance with these services please contact the San Francisco Police Department
at (v) 415-575-5899 at least 48 hours in advance of the hearing. Late requests will be honored if possible.
The EIS meeting will be held in Room 1025 at Police Headquarters, 1245 3rd Street in San Francisco. Police Headquarters is
accessible to persons using wheelchairs and other assistive mobility devices. Ramps are available at the 3rd Street, and China
Basin Street entrances. The closest accessible BART station is Civic Center Station. For information about SFMTA service,
please call 311.