Applying for Permits
Instructions on Applying for Permits
- All permit applications must be submitted in person by the applicant.
- Fees are not refundable.
- We do not fax applications. All applications are available on line or at the Police Permit Section.
One or more of the following agencies will be involved in the permit process:
- San Francisco Fire Department
- Department of City Planning
- Department of Public Health
- Department of Building Inspection
- Department of Electrical Inspection
- Department of Plumbing Inspection
- Port of San Francisco
- Recreation and Park Department
- Inter-Departmental Staff Committee on Traffic and Transportation
- Redevelopment Agency
- Department of Agriculture
- San Francisco Police Department
- Risk management
All applicants must return the completed forms and fees in person, a valid photo identification required at that time.