PUBLIC AFFAIRS OFFICE
September 5 2008
San Francisco Police Department Implements Strategy to Reduce Mission District Violence
The San Francisco Police Department is implementing strategy to address the recent violence in the Mission District. This strategy includes:
- Extended beat coverage in the affected areas, specifically the Mission Street corridor and associated streets.
- Increase in sector cars in certain areas of the Mission and Ingleside districts.
- Station violence reduction teams will be increased on selected nights.
- The number of School Resource Officers (SROs) at Mission High School will be doubled.
- Increased specialized units to be dedicated to the area. These units include:
- Gang Task Force augmentation
- Increased undercover Narcotics teams
- Increased Tactical Unit participation:
- SWAT teams
- Canine Units
- Honda Units
- Fugitive Recovery Teams
- Probation/Parole Compliance checks
Within the next week, additional officers will be transferred to Mission Station. These will be recruits who have recently completed their Field Training.
For more information, please contact:
Public Affairs Office
850 Bryant Street, Room 549, San Francisco, CA. 94103
Tel (415) 553-1651 / Fax (415) 553-9229
email: [email protected]