PUBLIC AFFAIRS OFFICE
February 28, 2006
Subject: Applications For SFPD Officer Available March 01
The San Francisco Police Department is looking for men and women who want to be Police Officers. The current salary range is $64,347 to $84,513 (after five years of service). Applicants are paid while they attend the San FranciscoPoliceAcademy.
Information regarding the application process will be posted on-line and applications will be available on a continuous basis beginning Wednesday, March 1, 2006. Applications can be obtained from the Department of Human Resources, 44 Gough Street, and on-line at the SFPD’s Web site, sfgov.org/police . The San Francisco Police Department will be accepting applications nationwide. Information about applying can be obtained by calling the SFPD Recruitment Hotline at 415-575-6325.
Minimum qualifications include the following:
- Must be at least 20 years of age at the time of application (there is no maximum age).
- Have a valid driver’s license.
- Not been convicted of a felony or convicted of any misdemeanor that carries a penalty prohibiting ownership, possession or control of a firearm.
- Be a U. S. Citizen. (Permanent residents may apply but cannot be appointed until they become a citizen.)
- Have a U. S. high school diploma, a G.E.D., or California High School Proficiency examination, or a two-year or four-year degree from an accredited college or university.
For more information, please contact:
Public Affairs Office
850 Bryant Street, Room 549, San Francisco, CA. 94103
Tel (415) 553-1651 / Fax (415) 553-9229
email: [email protected]